Here is a sample of my psychology and science courses.
- Introduction to Psychological Science
- Organismal Biology
- The Brain: An Introduction to Neuroscience
The foundational courses set the framework for my studies throughout college. Here I learned not just the basics of the field, but the basics of scientific thinking and skills.
- Research Methods 1
- Research Methods 2
- Advanced Methods in Community Based Social Marketing
- Supervised Research In Adolescent Psychology
- Independent Research
- Marine Ecology
- Marine Policy
- Moving Into Community
These courses focused on learning to conduct and conducting research. In them I conducted research in many different disciplines, and developed a strong background in research methods, statistics, and practices.
Advanced Subject Courses
- Social Psychology
- Seminar in Social Conflict
- Abnormal Psychology
- Introduction to Clinical and Counseling Psychology
- Human Memory
- Maritime History
- Literature of the Sea
These were the courses that dove into a section of a field. By connecting what I’ve learned from these areas of study, I’ve gained a much deeper and more holistic insight into learning about people and the world.